This Greek chicken and veggies recipe is very easy to put together. Especially as it is a sheet pan recipe, where you need to just put everything on the pan and bake for an hour or so.
This means I can finish cleaning up and spend time with the kids while dinner cooks.
While I love using fresh herbs, I like using dried herbs and herb blends as well. For this recipe I have used a Greek seasoning blend. While it already has dried garlic in it, I do love garlic and have added a bit of extra garlic to my seasonings for the meat.
I am a big fan of the garlic press, the tool you see in the left corner of the image above. I keep ginger-garlic paste on hand all the time, but the garlic press is great for some fresh minced garlic when needed.
I have also added some chili pepper to my recipe. We do like spicy food after all.
In a bowl blend olive oil, lemon juice, salt chilli peper, Greek Seasoning, and fresh crushed garlic. Add the chicken and toss well. Allow to marinade for at least half an hour in the fridge.
Repeat the same for the veggies, but skip the chili pepper. I have used a blend of frozen and fresh veggies here. This is also a grea way to use up leftover veggies. As we were planning to go on a trip I did not stock up on veggies. Potatoes and onions were the only ones on hand. I did have a bag of frozen veggie blend in the freezer. So that is what I used.
When dicing your potatoes make sure that they are no more than half inch cubes to ensure even cooking.
Arrange the veggies and chicken on a sheet pan making it a single layer. Especially the chicken to allow for even cooking.
Bake for an hour or so until the chicken is cooked and the potatoes are done.
This is not the best of images, bu the kids were in a hurry to dig in.
Serve with warm bread rolls on the side.
This is my entry for Blogger Marathon that is hosted by Srivalli on her blog Spice Your Life.
Greek Chicken and Veggies
- 3/4 lb Chicken Thighs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 cups frozen veggie blend
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp chili powder (optional)
- 3 tsp Greek seasoning – salt to taste.
- 2 cloves garlic mined
- Blend 3 tbsp oil, juice of half a lemon salt chili powder, and i clove minced garlic in a large bowl.
- Dice the chicken in large chunks and add to the marinade.
- Toss well and allow to marinade for half an hour.
- Make a marinade with the remaining ingredients for the veggies and toss ell to coat.
- Arrange the veggies and chicken on a sheet pan in a single layer and bake in a 400 degree preheated oven for about an hour to an hour 20 min. The time varies based on how thick you cut the chicken and veggies.
- Serve hot with warm dinner rolls to make it a meal.
- You can garnish with feta cheese if desired.